Payroll & Benefits Specialist
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Our Payroll and Benefits Specialist is a detail-oriented self-starter who is deadline driven. This position will be responsible for payroll, benefit administration, compliance reporting, on-boarding, and special projects for all Fleet Feet entities. This person is great at multi-tasking and maintaining confidential information, all while providing a great experience for our customers and clients.
Each day we throw our energy into driving the success of our independently owned and operated locations and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Work in partnership with the Human Resources team to ensure all Company and department goals and bjectives are achieved through effective use of HR principles.
- Display integrity and positive attitude when dealing with employees, potential candidates, and third-party vendors.
- Diligently work to ensure employee and Company information is maintained in a confident and secure manner.
- Process payroll accurately and confidentially using internal payroll software (ADP Workforce Now); ensure payroll administration meets all laws and regulations, is timely and accurate; ensure timely processing of garnishments, liens, and child support payments.
- Create, maintain, and organize all HR filing and record keeping, both paper-based and electronic for compliance with applicable law, rules and regulations and as directed by policy or management. These records include recruitment and application files, personnel and confidential files for all active and terminated workers, and all other HR related employee records and files.
- Review and verify all new hire paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted in a timely manner; ensure new employees are submitted through E-Verify and properly enrolled into payroll, benefits and are familiar with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Proactively ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Assist in maintaining Employee Handbook; identify, monitor, and recommend policies and procedures with regard to applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Responsible for educating and orienting employees with benefit and insurance programs including medical and dental. Ensure enrollments and terminations from plans are timely.
- Onboard new managers onto ADP (Workforce Now) and educate them on how to use the system, i.e. approving time cards.
- Manage all HR correspondence regarding tax filing, worker’s compensation, and employment verifications.
- Partner with benefits and payroll provider on a proactive basis and ensure communication is open and timely if an issue arises.
- Manage the billing reconciliation from all payroll and benefit providers for all Fleet Feet entities.
- Proactively seek and research opportunities to add value to all Fleet Feet entities though effective policies, practices, and technology.
- Represent the company in community service activities.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations to stay abreast of employment laws and industry trends.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Senior Director, Human Resources. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in HR role with payroll and benefit administration experience required.
- Ability to express oneself clearly, concisely, tactfully, demonstrating the ability to work with all employees required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees of the company and relevant external parties required.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and escalating to Senior Director, Human Resources appropriately.
- Must be flexible, able to work with interruptions, work in stressful situations, and shift priorities of work frequently.
- Proficiency in customer service skills and interpersonal communications will be required.
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
- Familiarity with ADP (Workforce Now) a significant plus.
- Experience with compliance reporting (i.e. 5500 filing, ACA, EEO) a plus.
- Ability to work with close attention to detail and to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information required.
- Ability to problem solve and proactively provide solutions.
- Limited travel may be required 5-10%.
- Position requires occasional walking and standing with light (10-15lbs.) carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling. The position is a sedentary position and requires the employee to have close visual acuity to perform job requirements. The position requires frequent talking, hearing and repetitive motion with
the hands, wrists and/or fingers. This position is located within a distribution center environment and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- High energy and fun atmosphere
- Training and advancement opportunities within the Fleet Feet brand
- Community involvement and community service activities
- Training Program, Race entries, and Product discounts
- Passionate team members
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.