- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
The Line Cook will provide chefs the timely and quality preparation of foods using a variety of equipment and utensils in an effort to continuously operate a highly regarded restaurant on a local and national level. He/She will also maintain the cooking environment clean and safe for all staff members and flexibly takes on various culinary tasks as they arise. The Line Cook will receive instruction/guidance from Lead Line Cook and Culinary management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with Standards of Service and assist in ensuring the same from all kitchen employees.
- To follow all specifications to properly and efficiently cook all food items in high quality, taste, presentation, including accommodation special guest requests, within specified time limits.
- Demonstrate advanced culinary technical skills required in food preparation and use of kitchen equipment for a four-star fine dining restaurant.
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout preparation, cooling, holding and serving of food items including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures.
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly, according to specifications.
- Responsible for final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items.
- Inform the managers of supplies that need to be requisitioned.
- Inform the managers of any foreseeable shortages before food items run out.
- Rotates product according to "First In, First Out" to maintain shelf-life standards.
- To stock/restock and supply storage areas as needed, to accommodate business needs.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- To communicate all guest request to an appropriate cook in a timely and professional manner.
- Clean and organizes workstations and surrounding areas as necessary.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all departments.
- To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and in uniform at all times.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description may be changed at any time.
- Cold line: Minimum of 2 years of experience as prep cook or a combination of education and work experience.
- Hot/Saute line: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a line cook or a combination of education and work experience.
- 4 or 5 star background, knowledge and ability to implement such standards (Preferred).
- Previously worked with multi-unit operations from fine dining to casual (Preferred).
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions in English.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Knowledge of kitchen operations and production.
- Good communication skills (verbally interacts with management and team members.)
- Possess excellent knife skills and be able to operate basic kitchen equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Guest service orientation and commitment to quality service.
- Have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- Generally, in an indoor setting.
- Work is performed in the kitchen area with exposure to heat, cold, fumes, and steam.
- Will be using a computer occasionally.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- The work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States. To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.