Line Cook - Daytime Schedule - Full/Part Time - Weekend availability
- $14.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position available at:
545 S Olive St - DTLA - Metro Pershing Square
As a Pitchoun Line Cook, your primary duty is to assist in the preparation of menu items by chopping fruit and vegetables, making eggs, omelets, salads and assembling hot and cold sandwiches quickly and according Pitchoun recipes and presentation requirements. Line Cooks should be familiar with Pitchoun Service Principles and utilize the principles when relevant.
Position reports to : Head Cook & Owner
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures customer satisfaction through the consistent and quick preparation of menu items. Prepares menu items including grab and go sandwiches and salads according to Pitchoun recipes. Preps items according to recipes and prep list. Grab and go items prepared and ready for display cases when store opens.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Adheres to health code. Properly sets up the prep area, keeping it organized and sanitized. Properly closes down the prep area each day. Comes to work in clean, proper uniform, works with gloves and appears clean when working within the kitchen. Keeps all kitchen areas clean and organized including storage areas and coolers. Uses proper storage techniques when storing dry goods and refrigerated goods including proper labeling and rotation of all ingredients to prevent food waste.
- Knows the products thoroughly. Learns about each product & its ingredients.
- Works with the Cook Team to maintain a proper inventory and communicates product needs based on recipe requirements.
- In addition to food preparation duties, the prep cook may be pulled into performing other duties such as receiving and checking in products, working on the line, restocking, food storage and kitchen maintenance tasks such as emptying the garbage and washing dishes.
- Is punctual and maintains a good attendance record.
- Is familiar with and abides by all Pitchoun policies, procedures and systems.
- Is professional on all levels while clocked in or on company premises. Leaves issues not related to work, outside of work. Comes to work with a positive attitude and outlook on the day.
- Communicates to management when there is an issue, whether it is personal or work related.
- Maintains the utmost integrity and honesty while employed at Pitchoun.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in using food service equipment including knives, pots, pans and ovens.
- Ability to read and understand tickets. Ability to interpret documents such as training cards/manuals, order forms, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports like daily temperature logs and receiving logs.
- Ability to deal with customer complaints or issues with the food. Able to multi-task in a fast-paced and hot environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant computer/POS Register
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around counters
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Occasional Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances
- CA food handlers card required
- Clean non-slip shoes (must say non-slip on shoes)
- Socks must be worn
- Clean black or grey non-denim pants (no shorts).
- Clean white T-shirt
- Clean Pitchoun black apron (provided)
- Clean Pitchoun Cap (provided)