Line Cook / Driver
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
As Line Cook you will work and communicate closely with other team members. Responsibilities include maintaining a clean, sanitary work environment, washing of all kitchen dishes. Receiving and storing of all inventory and products. Maintaining organized and clean storage areas and refrigerators. Assisting with chopping & food preparation for our catering/farmers markets.
We pride ourselves on our quality of product and positive work atmosphere. Currently we are looking for the right individual to join our team and family. We are family run/owned and offer opportunity for growth to those who work hard and believe in our mission.
- Plan for the food production needs for farmers markets and special events
- Maintain consistency and quality in food preparation.
- Maintain the cleanliness of floors, walls, worktables, refrigerators, and storage areas.
- Wash dishes, pots, and pans and return them to their proper storage place.
- Clean equipment using specific chemicals to meet sanitary standards.
- Load/unload vans transferring between events/farmers markets and commissary kitchen.
- Stock, date, rotate, and check the temperature of food items.
- Must be available for Sunday events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years experience working in a food service environment is essential.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Verbal and written communication is essential. Must be able to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate and receive instructions.
- Food handlers permit as required by law.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for periods of time.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. of boxes.
Mama Musubi is a brother/sister business founded in 2012. We are the destination for wholesome and healthy Japanese rice balls. Currently, we operate at seven farmers markets in the Greater Los Angeles and OC area. Our company has a comissary kitchen/brick-and-mortar in Pasadena.
We have a passion for the hospitality business and looking for like-minded and good people to add to our team!