- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
We are looking for a skilled QMA (Qualified Medication Aide) to become a part of our facility's compassionate care-giving team. The QMA will interact directly with our neighbors, counting and administering controlled substances, monitoring their vital signs and assisting with daily living needs. We are searching for a dedicated, compassionate and energetic individual to be a vital link between our neighbors and the nurses and other facility staff by providing person centered care.
STATEMENT OF JOB:
Responsible for resident care under the supervision of licensed personnel, i.e. R.N. or L.P.N. May be assigned by supervisor to work the floor as a nursing assistant if care needs dictate.
- Part time-Every Sunday from 6:30p to 7:00a
- Completion of state-approved Medication Aide course and written competency examination, maintain annual in-service requirements, hold current QMA certificate and in good standing on the Professional Licensing Agency.
- Experience of at least one year in an Assisted Living Facility
- Carry out and follow all facility policies and procedures
- Count, procure, administer and document controlled substances
- Obtain authorization from the licensed nurse on duty prior to administering as needed (PRN) medications
- Procure and chart necessary vital sign indicators on all residents as needed
- Report any change in resident clinical status to licensed personnel
- Crush and administer medications if appropriate per manufacturer’s instructions and physician’s orders.
- Observe and report to the licensed nurse reactions and side effects to medications exhibited by a resident
- Apply topical medication to minor skin conditions as per physician’s orders. Document the application in accordance with facility policy.
- Administer medication per metered dose inhaler.
- Answer call lights and address residents’ needs and wants in a timely manner.
- Assist with meal service by reporting to the dining room at the designated times, serving foods to residents, pouring liquids of the resident’s choice, and offering assistance with condiments and cutting foods as dictated by resident needs.
VERY LOW Staff to Resident ratio of 1:9!
- Annual Raises
- Benefits and PTO available
- Staff retention bonus offered for eligible employees at 1 year anniversary date.
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Recent applicants need not apply
Oasis is a specialized Dementia/Alzheimer assisted living community. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our neighbors by providing a safe environment with engagement through their day. Everyday is different, but love, dignity and respect is given to each neighbor daily by our family (staff).
Oasis Dementia Care provides all the comforts of home in a safe secure setting. Allowing residents to be engaged in the activities that they enjoy is key to our social “resident-centered” care model. What sets us apart is that we’re focused on more than just safety and security. We engage our residents physically, mentally, and socially in the activities that make them who they are.