Feed Dispatcher - Nights
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
To supervise and coordinate the transport and delivery of feed for unloading at company or contract grower farms located within 100 miles of the feed mill. Must maintain open lines of communication with mill production staff, service persons, farm managers, feed delivery drivers and fleet maintenance associates. All this must be achieved by balancing mill production, finished feed inventory space, feed orders, feed truck maintenance schedules and truck driver availability.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Must be able to plan and supervise the work of the feed delivery truck drivers
- Must be able to dispatch sufficient feed volume so tonnage shipped is in excess of feed mill’s production and finished feed storage bin space, thus enabling the mill to maintain optimum feed production levels
- Must be able to conduct feed inventory and maintain contact with mill production staff to make sure sufficient feed inventory is available to cover feed orders
- Maintain liaison and communication with drivers, mill production staff, service technicians, feed coordinator, fleet maintenance and human resources.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements:
- A High School Diploma and/or GED
- Ability to dispatch, observe, monitor, document and record information
- Must be able to understand written sentences and effectively communicate as well as basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to high levels of grain dust. The employee is exposed to work with service equipment and high temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and protective equipment, protective glasses, dust masks and ear plugs, should be used frequently.
- Must have knowledge of rules and regulations set forth by DOT (Department of Transportation) and FMCSR (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations) handbook.
- Possess knowledge of the area and ability to gain working knowledge of the specific locations of company and contract farming operations.