Position Title: Hand Up Food Pantry Distribution Specialist
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Salary: $17 - 18/ Hour
Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours), non-exempt (weekdays and an average of 2 Sundays per month)
Standardized Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Jewish Family Service – Hand Up Food Pantry is seeking a full-time Distribution Specialist. This position is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the San Diego community by helping to alleviate hunger. Hand Up distributes food at eight county-wide locations and is supported by community food drives and donations.
The Hand Up Food Pantry Distribution Specialist will be responsible for:
· High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Must be available to work Sundays.
· Experience supervising and motivating volunteers
· Excellent spelling, grammar, and written communication skills.
· Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, general clerical documents, project and grant reports, safety rules, instruction booklets, and manuals.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within the scope of authority.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Ability to write clear and concise emails.
· Physical Demands:
o The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and listen. The employee often is required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to finger a keyboard, handle papers and reach for the phone.
o The employee needs to walk, or stand frequently. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Since 1918, Jewish Family Service of San Diego has been a trusted partner for individuals and families in search of better lives. We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to achieve financial, physical, emotional, social, and spiritual health. Together with our supporters and volunteers, we Empower Individuals & Families To Move Toward Self-Sufficiency, Support Aging With Dignity, and Foster Community Connection & Engagement across San Diego. Many people turn to Jewish Family Service with a specific need, such as job loss. And that first contact often leads to a wide range of services, including counseling, nutritious food, transportation, and one-on-one support to achieve long-term goals. Together, we are building a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. To learn how JFS helps people transform their lives, visit www.jfssd.org
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.