Patient Care Associate/CNA
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- Under the Supervision or direction of a Shift Manager, performs various duties assisting the nursing staff in the treatment and care of patients of all ages, in accordance with the established methods and procedures of the hospital.
- Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or GED. Graduate of a Medical Assistant program, Certified Nurse Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, or Paramedic. Student nurse in eighth month of an LVN program or last year of an RN program.
- Required Licenses/Certifications
- Medical Assistant and/or EMT/EMT-P
- Completion of PCA I & II skills check offs or attends PCA II workshop as needed; Nursing Students - verification of skills from school, PCA I & II skills check offs as needed, PCA I
- Completion of PCA II workshop and skills.
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- General knowledge of basic bedside nursing.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on the physical, psychosocial, education, safety and related criteria appropriate to age of the patients served in assigned area/department.
- The skills and knowledge to provide such care is gained through education, training, and/or experience.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards. PCA II & Extern Unlicensed.
- Perform routine tasks under the supervision of license nurse.
- Empty bedpans and change dirty linens.
- Follow proper procedures for lifting and moving patients.
- Maintain glucometer competency.
- Maintain sterile technique during sterile procedures.
Would you like to have a positive influence on the lives of patients and families in Hunt County, Texas? With a career at Hunt Regional Healthcare, you’ll have that chance.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to live out our mission and vision through service-oriented care. Hunt Regional aims to be the preferred health care system in the communities and surrounding areas we serve. We do that through state-of-the-art technology, continually advancing service lines, and through providing a safe healing environment and outstanding patient experience for each individual we treat. Our values and quality care set our organization apart.
Hunt Regional Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that is designed to work for you. If you're looking for premium healthcare coverage, you've come to the right organization.
Core benefits include:
- Medical benefits
- Dental & vision benefits
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Life insurance
We also provide a robust supplementary benefits package, including:
- Prescription coverage
- Wellness perks
- Employee counseling
- Retirement packages
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time off
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Other voluntary benefits