Host / Hostess
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
Start Your Journey With Us as a Host/Hostess. We are looking forward to welcoming you into a world of career development, where there is a real focus on sharpening your skills within a world-class environment. The Marriott Hotel Walnut Creek promotes exceptional skills, and you will have a platform on which you can showcase your expertise and creativity. A team of passionate hospitality talent awaits you.
Our guests visit us with expectations of attentive yet relaxed service where your personality and professionalism are delivered in equal measures. The reality of your role and the responsibility you hold is that you can either make or break a guest experience depending on the service you provide. We're in the business of going above and beyond to create memorable moments for our guests and your role is key in executing this with every guest interaction. Therefore you will be responsible for:
- Greet guests and determine the number in their party.
- Seat guests by finding a clean, available table; pulling out chairs; placing clean/current menu in front of guest, etc.
- Guide guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance.
- Move and arrange tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs.
- Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard place setting.
- Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Deal with the public with tact and courtesy.
- Perform work that is routine and organized.
- Make decisions based on information that can be checked or verified.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.