Greeters / Hosts / Hostesses
- $13.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Din Tai Fung is hiring for greeters at our Bellevue location at Lincoln Square. Greeters are responsible for greeting and hosting guests. Greeters utilize Din Tai Fung’s text message waiting system to check in guests and seat them at the assigned tables in a manner that promotes maximum efficiency and table turnover to ultimately reduce wait times and provide a great experience for the guest.
- Food Handler’s Card
- Read, understand, and follow the Employee Handbook and all company policies and procedures
- Proper dress policy and non-slip shoes worn at all times
- Flexible working hours, including early morning and late-night shifts; 7 days a week operation, including holidays. Schedule may vary based on business demands.
- Positive and Professional Attitude
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Walk regularly throughout the day; uses hands for up to 12 hours each day; occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Providing a cheerful, welcoming first and last impression for all guests with exemplary customer service
- Utilizing the text-message waiting system or manual waiting system to accurately and efficiently enter guest information and provide accurate quote times according to Din Tai Fung’s Quote Time Standard Operating Procedure (“SOP”)
- Communicating with other greeters, setters, and support staff to ensure the guest seating experience is seamless and efficient
- Walking guests to their tables while providing engaging, welcoming and personalized conversation
- Cleaning, organizing and maintaining the Greeter and Cashier areas and all adjacent areas
- Performing Greeter Side Work, including but not limited to cleaning menus, wiping windows, sweeping, and taking out trash
- Maintaining a cheerful, friendly and welcoming demeanor to all guests and co-workers
- Keeping all Front of House areas clean, organized and sanitized
- Labeling all items in accordance with Health Department regulations
- Lifting/moving boxes, bags, chairs, and tables (up to 50 pounds)
- Assisting with regular deep cleaning of the restaurant
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding all propriety information, including but not limited to recipes and SOP’s.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Din Tai Fung is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Din Tai Fung was founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1958 as a cooking oil retail shop. In 1972, it transitioned into a full fledged restaurant specializing in soup dumplings and noodles. The restaurant was soon winning rave reviews from all over the world. The tradition of Din Tai Fung continues today in its locations in the United States, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and Thailand.