Medical Assistant for Orthopedic Surgery Center
- $15.50 - $16.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Reports To: Physician/Nurse Practitioner
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for assisting physician and mid-level providers with patient exams, documentation in the EMR, and coordinating treatment plans under the direction of the physician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Guides patient into examination room and obtains medical history and medical vitals and documents results in EMR.
Records symptoms and diagnoses as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as directed by physician.
Documents physician’s orders including but not limited to laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, and procedures.
Documents medical information as directed by physician to justify medical procedures.
Checks patient insurance coverage to determine if a referral or prior authorization is needed and completes the process if needed
Communicate with family members as needed to understand and document medical history of patient.
Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and managements.
Other duties as may be assigned to support patient flow, quality of care, compliance efforts, and patient satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentially functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required.
- Completion of Medical Assistant Training program preferred and 3+ years of experience having performed medical assistant functions in a medical office preferred.
- Experience using an electronic medical records on a daily basis preferred.
- Experience in an orthopaedic surgery or pain management practice preferred.
- Excellent computer skills preferred
Ability to read, write in English. Spanish bi-lingual language skills preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Medical Assistant Certification preferred. BLS Certification preferred