CDL-A - Swine Transport Driver
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in safe and efficient transport and delivery of pigs from nursery floors for unloading at company or contract grower, topping or finishing floors. The incumbent will pick up double deck trailers at the Wash Station and travel within a 100 mile radius; responsibilities include verifying hog count and helping with loading and unloading of hogs as well as completion of mileage reports, DOT reports, loading ramp and movement transfer. Drives tractor-trailer applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver the “live product”. This involves driving in a safe manner, being conscientious, responsible and alert. The applicant must be in compliance with all applicable state and federal DOT regulations, OSHA rules, and bio-security policies governing the farm entered by the driver.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Vehicle/Trailer Inspection: Conduct and record pre and post trip inspection report.
- Bio-security: Observe & follow company policy including coveralls, hair net and plastic boots. Disposing of all items appropriately.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Work schedule normally from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday but may be seasonally adjusted.
- Employee must be able to hold plastic cutting boards, separate animals into groups and operate chute system.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- Knowledge of principles rules and regulations set forth by DOT (Department of Transportation), the FMCSR handbook and company rules.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license and a minimum of one (1) year verifiable experience, live haul experience a plus.
- Must have an acceptable driving record. No DUI within last 5 years.
- Must be able to understand written sentences and effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).
- Incumbent will be exposed to outdoor weather regularly as well as having to get in and out of trailers.
- Safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, hearing protection and work boots.