Chef de Cuisine
- Depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
The right candidate for this exceptional opportunity will be able to exhibit passion for excellence, culinary vision, understanding of quality food ingredients, interest in Sushi and Japanese culinary culture. This candidate will lead a culinary vision for a Japanese F&B operation housed in a new amazing Miami Beach development.
The role of the Chef de Cuisine is to collaborate in the creation of the menu for Azabu-Miami Beach, ensuring a high level of performance, guest satisfaction, and profitability. Guest satisfaction in our restaurants revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food, and overall dining experience. The Chef de Cuisine must be capable to continuously operate a regarded restaurant on a local and national level.
Candidate must be able to travel for team building and research purposes, posses a valid passport and the inquisitive spirit to eat his way through other parts of the USA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· In conjunction with Corporate Chef he/she will establish goals for the kitchen, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
· Develop menus & create and ensure adherence to recipes and product specifications. Train kitchen staff on all new menus.
· Comply with Standards of Service and assist in assuring the same from all kitchen employees.
· Manage a day-to-day operation of the kitchen, coordinate food production schedules and ensure highest level of food quality, taste and presentation.
· Participate in actual food preparation, produce food consistently high quality, taste and presentation and expedite during peak meal periods as needed.
· Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen and restaurant employees on how to handle leftover food items.
· To meet the financial targets while achieving the food quality and service objectives.
· Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
· Maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns, and work to resolve problems.
· Maintain effective working relationship with food & beverage management and other departments.
. Ensure that necessary food items and supplies are ordered in a timely manner.
· Operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
· Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen / dishwashing areas and coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
· Ensure strict adherence to health department and food handling guidelines.
· To immediately report all suspicious occurrence and hazardous conditions.
· To follow all company/kitchen safety rules, policies, and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Prior experience as an Executive Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine or in a similar position in a resort/hotel setting or free standing restaurant.
· 5-10 years of industry experience in supervisory role.
· Experience of expanding and condensing recipes.
· Thorough knowledge of modern cuisine technique.
· Florida Food Handlers card (within 30 days of hire).
· Advanced understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
· Able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
. A general knowledge and understanding of Japanese cuisine current trends, cultural and culinary happenings.
· Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
. Knowledge of health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
. Knowledge of kitchen operations, production, and food cost controls.
· Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
· Understanding/Knowledge of the budgeting and forecasting process.
· Previously worked with multi-unit operations from fine dining to casual.
- Strong guest service orientation.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish and/or Japanese language a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, servers, team members and guests.)
- Possess excellent knife skills and be able to operate kitchen equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment exercising adequate leadership.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Guest service orientation and commitment to quality service.
- Have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- General computer skills including but not limited to email, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must have proven leadership skills and team building skills.
- Effectively motivate associates to maintain cohesive teams.
- Be able to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve management members when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
· Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Constant standing with some walking.
· Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
· Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Generally, in an indoor setting.
- Work is performed in the kitchen area with exposure to heat, cold, fumes, and steam.
- Will be using a computer occasionally.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- The work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.