Father Joe’s Housing Navigator
- $16.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Housing Navigator is responsible for assisting Father Joe’s shelter clients in becoming housing ready by gathering, completing and submitting documents necessary to be matched to a housing intervention. Navigator works collaboratively with the SSVF team and other VVSD Staff as is warranted.
- Regularly follow up with clients seeking housing to help support their housing options.
- Identify ways for clients to overcome housing barriers.
- Regularly coordinate and communicate with Father Joe’s Grant Per Diem staff and SSVF Case Manager
- Maintain case documentation, using HMIS in accordance with agency and best standard practices.
- Maintain documentation of trainings, client contacts and other pertinent information in accordance with agency and best standard practices.
- Attend SSVF team and agency meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to develop appropriate strong working relationships with client population; be able to relate to individuals making significant life decisions, and be supportive of individuals' increasing independence.
- Must also be able to prepare written reports and maintain client documentation
- Must be able to hold to high standards of confidentiality
- Knowledge of HMIS a plus
- Prior experience working with homeless population a plus
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in a challenging situations
- Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Possess a valid California Driver License and have no Clase 1, or more than two Clas 2 violations within the past 36 months
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to comfortably perform, both physically and mentally, all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Experience supporting programs serving homeless individuals/families and those diagnosed with physical or mental disabilities
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid , paid sick leave and paid vacation, health insurance, vision and dental plans, pension plan.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.