Assistant General Manager
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are an Event/Entertainment company that provides entertainment services throughout Pennsylvania and the East Coast. The general manager position is a broad position that oversees both the office operations, field operations, and warehouse operations with essential duties and responsibilities in each distinctive area. The position requires an energetic, experienced, outgoing individual who loves working with people and can manage and work with a diverse group of employees. Experience in both sales and warehousing is definitely a plus. Here are the general qualification requirements
- Good people management skills, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to follow direction from the General Manager through both written and verbal communications
- Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule which may include occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to respond to problems at a moment’s notice at any time of the day or night.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a clean driving record and be an acceptable driver to our insurance company.
- This is physical job, not just a desk job.
- Over see existing sales staff, monitor sales cold calls, customer follow-ups, and customer database management.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings, train sales staff, order/approve supplies
- Sales and customer service when necessary
- Hire/train/monitor new employees, Screen applications, Search criminal/child abuse history
- Understanding and implementing temporary labor as needed and approved
- Make sure all amusement ride permits are up to date
- Review all post-event job reviews, work with warehouse staff to make sure items being fixed/repaired/dried
- Work with sales staff and Customers when customers not satisfied
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Confirming loading accuracy. (double checking loads)
- Ensures a productive labor climate in the warehouse operation.
- Coordinates with other departments to facilitate efficient warehouse operations.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- In some instances during busier times - Assist with loading during busy times and last minute changes, when necessary
- Make sure loading is done by the warehouse as needed from Job to job and day to day (Some vehicles need changed out from one day to the next)
- Oversee that Operation Manager is maintaining and repairing equipment as necessary
- On rare occasions - Use forklift and train others on use
- For event problems, Assistant manager first point of contact, then call owner if Assistant manager cannot handle problem
- Deal with customers calling if event staff late
- With the help of the operations manager, Handle any vehicle breakdowns/issues on the way to/from job
- Handle customers if something did not work
- Be prepared to Run another vehicle/supplies if missed. This would first fall on Operartion manager if available.
- Occasionally -Work at events at customer’s locations as needed during busy season
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; sit, handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without mechanical assistance and up to 100+ with the use of hand trucks and dollies.
- In a rare occasion the assistant manager may be required to load items on to trucks in the warehouse. This would be a job requirement.
This position requires work in both an office setting and a warehouse setting. Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Office areas may or may not be environmentally controlled. Work sometimes requires after hours communication or extended work hours, including weekend or evening work. Working conditions in the warehouse setting are not environmentally controlled resulting in hot or cold temperatures depending on weather conditions
Requires flexible hours that will include Saturdays and some Sundays and occasional holidays during high volume business periods. This position requires a flexible multitasking individual with an emphasis on organizational skills. In general, this would be a 9pm to 5pm work day but would require flexibility to respond to needs before or after those work hours.
This is an evolving, ever changing business and therefore additional tasks may be added at anytime, Please click on the link to complete our preliminary application:
You must complete the above mini app in order to be considered.
(You might need to cut and past the above link into an internet browser. If you are unable to do that, this position would probably not be for you)
Please send us your resume as well. We look forward to hearing from you.