PALIGROUP | VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Vice President of Operations will incorporate the Company’s unique and dynamic approach in the oversight and management of all the Company’s Hotels. This position will be responsible for leading all aspects of Operations, from assembling the right property management teams to achieving the financial goals of each property. The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for managing the launch of any new hotels that are added to the Company’s portfolio while acting as a brand representative by reinforcing the company’s vision, values and standards of quality and service.
Additionally, the Vice President of Operations should be able to take prompt corrective action when necessary or suggests alternative courses of action. This position is responsible for maintaining a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment, which is conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness. The Vice President of Operations will also be the main point of contact for hotel shareholders on all matters pertaining to Operations and hotel performance.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Ensures that all hotels operate in a way that follow the Company’s unique approach to the community and authentic service-driven hospitality.
- Directly oversees Director of Operations, and General Managers, enforcing company policies on operations and guest services, and ensuring cost controls are effective in order to achieve budgeted outcomes.
- Improve upon existing policies and procedures as new properties are rolled out across the portfolio. Identify operational efficiencies and areas for the enhancement of guest experience and ensure proper rollout across portfolio. Develops and implements corrective action plans to address operational deficiencies and areas to improve efficiency.
- Provides market leadership in recruiting, developing, training and motivating the hotel management teams.
- Coordinates all required ownership reporting with direct reports (General Managers, Director of Operations and Housemasters).
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the market to assist in driving brand awareness, competitive analysis and opportunities for demand generation.
- Oversees new hotel openings.
- Provides leadership in monitoring and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, service delivery and overall product quality control.
- Helps to implement the company’s business development strategies within the market.
- Acts as a communication link between the Company, ownership, and hotel management teams.
- Utilizes resources, P&L numbers, guest survey results and market trends to complete an evaluation / needs assessment before visiting / supporting the hotels.
- Provides leadership in the development of the annual operating budgets and timely analysis of financial results to verify accurate financial representations on a monthly basis.
- Utilizes Company systems and policies to reinforce the overall image of the Company
- Reports to the Principal Hotels & Brands and CEO on a regular basis regarding business developments and local challenges.
Directing Team Members:
Hire, train, supervise, coach and counsel team member’s portfolio-wide to provide consistency, diligent follow-through and direct accountability.
- Provides effective direction to Director of Operations and General Managers regarding operational and procedural standards
- Prepare performance management evaluations.
- Guide team members in their jobs and development.
- Maintain effective training programs ensuring all Operations personnel are highly productive.
- Ensure that team members have proper appearance and are wearing their uniforms according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all employees have the tools necessary to fulfill job expectations and guest needs.
- Verify that regular ongoing communication is happening within the departments (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings and with F&B).
- Maintain Front Desk, Engineering and Operations related manuals.
- Incorporate guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Set goals and expectations for team members using the performance review process that holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Assists hotel rooms management teams in developing labor schedules to optimize labor and profitability.
- Reviews labor standards on a weekly basis to ensure satisfactory controls are in place.
- Conduct informative and productive monthly Front Desk Team Meetings as well as weekly meetings with DOO, Housemasters + Assistant Housemasters.
Property Maintenance & Housekeeping:
- Maintains a system to monitor condition of properties, cleanliness, cost control, and quality of product and service throughout portfolio.
- Maintains a system of on-site inspections to ensure the interior and exterior of hotel meet or exceed quality standards.
- Conduct weekly/periodic walk-troughs of properties with Op’s team.
- Supervise the preventative maintenance and annual cleaning programs.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and purveyors.
- Work with Director of Operations and Company Design Studio Manager(s) to facilitate ongoing FF&E requirements.
- Maintains a system to drive monthly housekeeping as well as maintenance review meetings.
Managing Guest Experience:
- Continuously strive to improve and maintain guest experiences.
- Actively engage with the guests.
- Maintains a system to review guest feedback with leadership team and verify that appropriate corrective action is takenfor both positive and negative reviews.
- Respond to and handles guest problems and complaints when required.
- Stay visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Manage and coach local property managers on brand approved guest recovery and service.
- Oversee reputation management of all properties.
- Drive monthly guest experience meetings with managers.
Cost Control & Managing Revenue Goals:
- Continuously monitor Operations performance against budgets.
- Manage property departmental checkbooks monthly.
- Focus on maximizing the financial performance of the department.
- Coach and support Operations team to effectively manage occupancy, rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Ensure property repairs and upgrades are performed in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Drive monthly cost review meetings with department heads.
- Confer with Corporate Director of Finance on an ongoing basis.
Sales & Marketing:
- Works with Directors of Sales and Marketing to oversee implementation of sales, revenue management and marketing programs in order to achieve and exceed established sale goals.
- Have regular active involvement in the Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management functions, including driving key sales metrics (RevPAR, ADR, Occupancy)
- Work with the Sales & Marketing leadership team to develop effective strategies to address room sales potential.
- Work with Sales & Marketing leadership oversee execution as well as remove any obstacles to success and assure appropriate resources are available to achieve business results.
- Assist Housemasters and Director of Operations in developing and supervising programs that promote a positive work environment for all employees, ensuring that all employment-related processes comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Rewards and reinforces key accomplishments.
- Ensures on-going staff development and assists staff in developing for various advanced positions
Other, Including and not limited to:
- Works with management teams to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with Paligroup’s business strategy and brand standards.
- Demonstrate and communicate key drivers of guest satisfaction for the target customer’s portfolio-wide.
- Champion the Company’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensure alignment and continuity amongst the various leadership teams.
- Communicate a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Develops positive owner relationships.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 5 years’ operations experience in a full-service hotel or property management company required.
- Proven track record in delivering results.
- Proven track record of building cohesive teams and facilitating goal achievement.
- Commitment to exceptional on-brand guest service.
- Must be organized.
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis.
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style.
- Computer proficiency, including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel.
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its Chief Executive and President.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.
Paligroup's Brands are synonymous with neighborhood authenticity, style, innovation and success. We are convinced that this combination of custom-tailored place-making and unique social experiences increases performance, market share and overall pricing power.
Paligroup currently operates three hotels in Los Angeles including Palihouse West Hollywood, Palihotel Melrose, Palihouse Santa Monica. In addition to Palihotel Seattle, four new properties are scheduled to open in 2018 and early 2019. The new properties include Palihotel Westwood Village, Palihotel Culver City, Palihouse Miami Beach and Palihotel San Francisco.
To be a society of unique hotels and residences with an independent spirit.
To enhance the lives of our guest and the community by creating one-of-a-kind neighborhood-centric places filled with interesting people and friendly staff providing trusting service.