- $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
This position is responsible for greeting guests at the door. The host/hostess seats and presents clean menus to guests in a friendly, professional and quick manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests, informs them of special catch and soups.
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strives to exceed guests' expectations.
- Takes names on a waiting list.
- Runs the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
- Fills to-go orders, if applicable.
- Maintains restrooms throughout shift.
- Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Multi-task oriented.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
A restaurant and bar environment. The work station may be drafty due to its location by the door, and the work environment noise level can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping.
Estimated percentage of daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that may need to be lifted on the job:
- 100% -- Stands during entire shift.
- 75% -- Reaches, bends and stoops frequently.
- 20% -- Carries 20-lb. highchair about 10 times per shift over medium distances (20-30 feet).
- 50% -- Verbally communicates with guests and phone callers.
Must be able to read, write and determine wait time based on Company's procedures. Must be able to visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables. This position requires frequent washing of hands.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This may be a full-time or part-time position. Frequent evening and weekend shifts are required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior restaurant experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
The Butcher’s Daughter is a plant-based restaurant, cafe, juice bar and “vegetable slaughterhouse." We treat fruits and vegetables as a butcher would meat: We chop, fillet and carve fresh produce into healthy vegetarian dishes and press them into pretty juices. Our four locations serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. We take pride in our daily-changing menu, which is 100% vegetarian, and mostly vegan and gluten-free. We can always prepare substitutions for most dietary restrictions.