Conference Services Manager
- $50K - $55K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
THE GARLAND JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Conference Service Manager
Department: Sales and Catering
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!
Position Purpose: Directly accountable for the coordination and servicing programs with a focus on all groups/meetings and some social events. Responsible for communicating the details for groups events turned over from sales and ensuring that information is relayed in a timely and accurate manner to the banquet department and the hotel management and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordination of all meetings and some social events.
- Responsible for all guest responses in his/her area and establishes action plans to improve service levels.
- Insures adequate management coverage within the events department to include weekends and weekday evenings.
- Required to maintain high personal guest contact via telephone and in-person. This is to include periodic visits to guests holding functions at the property.
- Responsible with the Banquet Manager to establish service standards.
- Attend all required meetings: Resume, BEO reviews
- Required to organize and conduct pre-convention meetings for groups in the hotel that warrant such.
- Responds to individual guest needs, inquiries and/or complaints as they occur.
- Ability to run Banquet floor as needed for additional coverage.
- Create special events in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Pass on incoming information and messages to clients when in-house.
- Purchase gifts for clients as directed; deliver packages and faxes.
- Assist in other departments as directed by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Upselling of events to all incoming clients
- Responsible for the maintenance of all event files, both permanent and active including but not limited to the Delphi
- Ensure guest satisfaction by timely follow up correspondence.
- Adhere and support hotel and corporate policy and procedures.
- Maintain accurate administrative files.
- Keep abreast of current market trends.
- Attend community and business events including joining local/national organizations.
- Participate in the MOD program.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and image of self and hotel.
- Support and monitor cleanliness and safety issues when touring the hotel.
- Be sales and profit minded.
- Stay through the second course of any food function.
- Maintain Delphi standards, and adhere to corporate SOP’s on maintenance. .
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school. College degree preferred. At least two years previous catering and/or hospitality sales management experience at a property of similar size and/or quality preferred
Knowledge, skills, and abilities: Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Strong multiple – project management skills. Previous Opera and Delphi experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal. Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing. Ability to work under time pressures and extended hours.