- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
A Not Your Average Joe’s Sous Chef provides Leadership at restaurant level and manages the day-to-day operations of the kitchen operations in the restaurant. You will develop, direct, and supervise hourly Heart of the House(HOH) Team Members to ensure consistent execution of Not Your Average Joe’s (NYAJoe’s) quality standards, operating systems, procedure, philosophies, and culture.
What you will do:
- Mentor and develop the HOH Hourly Staff to support the organization's talent pipeline and drive growth.
- Actively monitors food quality to ensure adherence with NYAJoe’s standards. Provide timely feedback to Hourly staff, and lead action to correct any issues.
- Oversee the heart of the house on your shifts and ensure it is operating efficiently while maintaining food quality and sanitation standards.
- Ensure line checks and production are both completed in compliance with NYAJoe’s systems and standards.
- Ensure that all operations, recipe, specifications books, and training materials are current and maintained.
- Ensure building, equipment, furniture, and fixtures are in good repair, clean and maintained on a regular basis.
What we need from you:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as Sous Chef in a similar restaurant concept or successful Sous Chef with Not Your Average Joe’s.
- Demonstrated track record of strong leadership and ability to lead high performing teams.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage workload with minimum direction.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Remains positive and calm under stressful conditions.
Perks of the Job:
- Great pay and bonus opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Dining Card for Personal Use (during and outside of working hours!)
- Health Benefits
- LIfe Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Medical Spending Account
- Growth Opportunities
A Not Your Average Joe’s Sous Chef is responsible for serving our guests, our team and Not Your Average Joe’s with unparalleled hospitality to create unforgettable guest and team member experiences every day! If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Restaurants aren't meant to be average! Stephen Silverstein opened the first Not Your Average Joe’s in pursuit of the uncommon. In 1994, he worked to give his hometown of Dartmouth, Massachusetts a unique neighborhood place with great food and better company.
Today, we have 23 restaurants spread throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland. We’re building incredible spaces with every nail, and striving to be better with every opening. In doing this, we’ve created a culture where our people are our foundation – making the sky the limit where we go next.