HVAC/R Refrigeration Technician & Supervisor
- $19.18 - $30.51 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Full time position in our in-house service department in the Columbus, OH area
Full benefits including:
- paid vacation,
- four week paid ‘sabbatical' every three years,
- comprehensive health insurance,
- dental insurance,
- company paid life insurance,
- voluntary life insurance,
- free and discounted meals,
- continuing education,
- and an extraordinarily positive work environment.
Company van and tools budget provided
A position at Northstar is different. You will join a team of fantastic people and build skills for your career, and your life. You’ll be a part of something meaningful, that is also challenging and inspiring.
At Northstar, we think every detail matters… all of the time. That’s how we design our restaurants. That’s how we purchase ingredients, equipment, and materials. That’s why we’re fixated on running clean restaurants. That’s just how we do things.
The result is a business with an unparalleled reputation for quality. We operate three of the most loved restaurant brands in Ohio: Northstar Cafe, Third & Hollywood, and Brassica.
- Commercial HVAC/R experience with a focus on refrigeration: 3 years combined minimum
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV report
- Basic spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to lift 50lbs, climb ladders, stand, bend, kneel, and pull
- Universal EPA certification
- Have or be willing to obtain Ohio State contractor’s license for refrigeration
Our expectations include
- Great work ethic – do what it takes to get the job done right with urgency
- Team player with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality, who has the confidence, willingness, and curiosity to figure things out beyond your area of expertise
- Solve mechanical problems with patience and discipline while working under pressure
- Exhibit optimism, professionalism, and a relentless drive to succeed
- Enjoy eating good food and being around positive, energetic people
- Sense of humor is a plus
We'll rely on you to:
- perform repairs and maintenance on restaurant refrigeration and kitchen equipment, including occasional overnight work,
- supervise use of outside vendors for repairs and installations,
- create and complete preventative maintenance schedules,
- provide troubleshooting training at the restaurant level,
- maintain equipment inventory and service/warranty repair records, and
- make recommendations regarding use of outside vendors, capital budget expenditures for equipment, building and property repair and replacement.
We’ll ask that you join our company-wide practice of collaborating with the management team to set your own goals and budgets; that you utilize time tracking software to allocate costs and expenses; and that you share our passion for clean, organized, well-functioning restaurants.
You’ll have the time and budget to study for and acquire the Ohio State contractor’s license for refrigeration, depending on your experience, and to attend relevant Ohio contractors’ continuing education classes and other relevant education opportunities.
Though you will begin overseeing 10 restaurants, you should expect to oversee approximately 15 Ohio restaurants within the next three to five years.