Catering Sales Manager
- $55K - $65K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for generating revenues within the markets assigned for catering sales and servicing of the same. Revenue and solicitation goals are established during the annual property and department budget process. The Catering Sales Manager constantly works with the Kitchen and Banquet departments to relay all information and changes to insure that client has the best event possible. Some after-hours/weekends may be required depending on client needs.
- Account prospecting, solicitation, and development via telephone, personal contact, outside calls, correspondence, email and other means of communication.
- Coordination and servicing of meetings and social events.
- Conduct hotel site inspections, entertain both in house and off property, and maintain thorough follow up methods.
- Meet or exceed client expectations.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Proactively work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction
- Prepare and present proposals and contracts both written and verbal in a prompt, accurate, profitable, pleasant and professional manner.
- Responsible along with the Banquet Manager to establish service standards.
- Attend all required meetings: Resume, BEO reviews
- Required to organize and conduct pre-convention meetings for groups in the hotel that warrant such.
- Ability to run Banquet floor as needed for additional coverage.
- Create special events in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Pass on incoming information and messages to clients when in-house.
- Purchase gifts for clients as directed; deliver packages and faxes.
- Attend meetings including, but not limited to, pre-convention, business review, departmental.
- Represent hotel at trade shows, civic/business functions, industry-related associations, and other events to promote the hotel and/or the city.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Pro-active sales skills and ability to develop new business and generate organic growth within existing accounts. Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Proficient computer knowledge. Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage
- Flexibility to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel including nights and weekends
- Above average knowledge of the designated market(s)
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Must be a team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous catering sales experience required, preferably in an upscale hotel
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!