Head Cook / Kitchen Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Dune is hiring an experienced Head Cook / Kitchen Manager for our Atwater Village location (3143 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90039).
We are a very high volume, fast-casual Mediterranean restaurant with an emphasis on high quality, fresh, organic ingredients. We strive to maintain the highest of standards and are seeking a self-motivated individual who takes their work seriously and works well with a team.
Full time position. Kitchen management experience and strong culinary skills required. Bilingual a plus. Compensation negotiable with experience.
The primary responsibility of the Head Cook / Kitchen Manager is to ensure that the entire kitchen staff performs as a cohesive team while maintaining excellent standards of quality, food safety, cleanliness and best industry practices. The Head Cook / Kitchen Manager works closely with ownership and senior management to maintain continuous operation of the kitchen, payroll budgets, food costs, pars and inventories. The Head Cook / Kitchen Manager also works closely with the kitchen team to prep, produce and expedite all food going out of the kitchen, assisting the team wherever and whenever needed.
Duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Day to day responsibility of quality control and to make certain orders flow to guests in a timely and high quality manner
• Ensuring correct prep and pars for day to day operation with minimal overages or shortages
• Hiring and training kitchen personnel with regards to technique, policy, safety and sanitation standards, emergency procedures, etc.
• Maintaining health and safety standards and best industry practices
• Overseeing and supporting prep and line crews
• Ensuring staff follows established recipes and executes dishes perfectly every time
• Tasting and maintaining of established flavor profiles and correct protein temperatures
• Maintaining thorough temperature logs for all refrigeration and PHF items
• Maintaining stock and keeping correct pars and inventories
• Receiving inventory from vendors, stocking and rotating such and inputting invoices into accounting system
• Controlling and managing labor and food costs
• Maintaining a thoroughly clean and sanitary kitchen including all refrigeration and storage areas
• Carry out data entry of inventories and schedules
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum experience of 3-5 years in a fast-paced kitchen. Fast-casual experience a plus.
• Minimum of 2 years leadership experience in a kitchen setting
• Excellent knife skills and knowledge of classic technique preferred
• Excellent team building abilities
• Certified Food Manager Certification - ServSafe or equivalent
• Computer Literacy- Word, Excel, Google Docs, etc.
• High degree of reliability and availability
•. Ability to stand 8-10+ hours and lift up to 50lbs
Annual salary negotiable with experience, health benefits included
Dune has been recognized among LA Weekly's 99 Essentials and Eater LA 38 Essential restaurants, as well as Thrillist's Best Falafel In America. We have been featured in publications from the New York Times to Conde Nast Traveler, LA Weekly, Times, EaterLA, LA Magazine, Timeout, Thrillist, Zagat, etc. Yelp 4.5 stars, Tripadvisor 5 stars.
We look forward to hearing from you!