- $13.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
To prepare food and to adhere to product sensitivities and plate presentations. To ensure that all food prepared meets Company standard of excellence.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1) Prepares foods and adheres to recipe requirements, product sensitivity and plate presentation
2) Ensures that all food prepared meets Company’s standard of excellence
3) Keeps updated on recipe changes. Ensures proper execution of recipe procedures which maintain a high quality and consistent product
4) As needed, may call orders to each cook for preparation, organizes the orders and completes the order with accompanying items and sauces
5) Keeps entire kitchen clean, stocks and sets up station
6) Keeps prepared food continuously flowing out of the kitchen
7) Communicates ticket times and potential problems with the managers and service staff
8) Completes assigned prep work to stock and set up station. Breaks down and cleans station thoroughly everyday
9) Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift
10) Operates and maintains equipment properly
11) Ensures proper rotation of all products and stocks product to par. Labels all products
12) Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken
13) Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position
14) Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and effectiveness
15) At all times provides a favorable image of the Company to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas of endeavor
16) Complies with company ticket monitoring procedures
Additional Responsibilities may include:
• Maintains high standards of food quality to guarantee guest satisfaction
• Maintains communication between BOH and FOH in a calm manner
• Inspects orders to ensure they are prepared properly and garnishes food with appropriate accompanying items and sauces
• Inspects orders to ensure hot food is served hot, cold food is served cold and inferior products are never served
• Reads tickets correctly to ensure that all orders are complete
• Performs assigned daily cleaning duties
• Assists other kitchen members with prep work and cleaning responsibilities
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
SOL Cocina is now seeking candidates to fill Front of the House positions, especially Cooks!
Our ideal candidates are: a positive person, with a strong background in a resort, fine dining or polished-casual environment and have excellent people skills, strong attention to detail, and a genuine desire to provide a memorable experience for our guests. If this describes you, then we want you to be a part of our family!
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a growing organization that provides a quality work place, balance, excellent training and the opportunity to develop your skills, you want to join our team!
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 2+ years of experience and demonstrated success in a similar or related position and similar or related dining environment.
Position requires excellent availability/flexibility, passion for the hospitality industry, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a well developed knowledge of the food and beverage industry.
Please NO CALLS REGARDING THIS POSITION. Please visit our website for more details about SOL Cocina.
About SOL Cocina...
SOL Cocina was inspired by the best of our travels in Mexico; from our original surf trips through Baja, California to the subsequent travels throughout the mainland. We are ultimately trying to recreate the feeling of "being away" that we experienced for our guests.
SOL Cocina design is intended to represent the relaxed atmosphere of any place you might experience along the coast of Baja, while also including some of the more polished finishes that you would see in sophisticated restaurants found in areas like Mexico City and Guadalajara.