- $17.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Position Purpose: Engages guest upon arrival/departure, ensuring an effective flow of seating/service and all of the components involved at the highest level of hospitality. Communicate with guests, general public, management and staff. Understand and comply with Policies and Procedures, job description, job requirements, daily memorandums and other instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide positive first and last impression of guests when entering and leaving the restaurant/lounge.
- Consistently deliver on Standards of Service (e.g. Sequence of Service, proper phone etiquette and verbiage, proper greeting and farewell to guests, etc.)
- Manage distribution of seat covers to service staff both fairly and effectively to ensure flow of restaurant to prevent any delayed service.
- Effectively manage guest reservations via all channels to best suit flow of business for restaurant efficiency and to maintain the highest level of service.
- Fully understands and can guide guests through the food menu and beverage list. From the standpoint of ingredients and preparation of the dishes to the delivery and service expected to accompany the dish.
- Maintains a neat, clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Manage seating of guests to effectively keep kitchen organized and timed correctly.
- Must comply with opening and closing as well as on-going side work duties.
- Direct and provide consistent communication with the culinary, service staff, and management team.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product and personnel.
- Must effectively process service responsibilities from service staff such as Tableside Guide and Mixologist.
- Meticulously cleans and organizes host stand
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and change behaviors based on feedback by manager.
- Routinely shows up to work in a timely fashion prepared to work.
- One year or more of service in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
- Able to speak proficiently about seasonal food ingredients while passionately guiding guests through a menu.
- Able to learn and retain new menu information on a daily basis in order to effectively articulate to guest.
- Able to speak proficiently about overall taste and composition of all spirits, beer and wine.
- Able to read, write and speak verbally in English. Excellent communication skills and familiarity with the hospitality industry.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
A unique neighborhood gathering place, The Front Yard, showcases LA's diverse flavors in a setting as casual and comfortable as an evening at an old friend's house. Come on over anytime and we'll set you a place around the table.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!