- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are looking for a Full-Time Assistant Manager for our new location: JapanLA Pop Up Space, in Little Tokyo, Downtown L.A. We specialize in cute or "kawaii" brands of Japan and Japanese-inspired brands from the U.S. like Hello Kitty, Rilakkuma, and tokidoki.
We are looking for someone who is friendly and professional and who can create an exceptional customer experience. You should love cute stuff and also meet the job requirements below:
Must be available 5 days per week, including weekends.
Store Hours: Sunday - Thursday 11am - 8pm, Friday/Saturday 11am-9pm
Must have at least 1 year experience as an Assistant Manager or Manager in retail or sales-related field.
- Assisting Store Manager with supervising staff & sales floor
- Act as Manager in the Store Manager’s absence
- Selling to customers
- Customer Service
- Helping Customers in a friendly and attentive manner
- Prevent shoplifting by being engaged with customers
- Point of Sale - ringing up customers
- Achieving daily and monthly sales goals
- Learn product knowledge related to the store
- Receiving stock
- Merchandising: make the store look cute by arranging product
- Answer emails/phone regarding general questions
- Social media: Update Instagram and Facebook daily
- Help with special events
- General Cleaning and Organizing
Email us with:
2. Cover letter explaining why you want to work here and why you are the perfect fit
3. General info about yourself and your interests
4. Salary requirements
5. Days and hours you are able to work
JapanLA is a unique retail shop that caters to adults who love “kawaii” or “cute” character goods. We carry toys, gifts, apparel, accessories, art, and more, all inspired by Japanese and Los Angeles Pop Culture. We also feature special Pop-Up shops with local brands and brands from Japan. Jamie Rivadeneira started the store, in 2006.
JapanLA is a lifestyle brand. We curate theme parties and art shows, including the most recent Hello Kitty Exhibition Art Show, at the Japanese American National Museum, in L.A.
JapanLA encourages people of all ages to embrace their love of cute things and share it with friends! Join the Cute Culture!