- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
A Host is responsible for serving our guests, our team and Not Your Average Joe’s with unparalleled hospitality to create unforgettable guest and team member experiences every day!
- Understands our Guest Obsessed culture and does whatever it takes to create a positive and memorable guest experience
- Welcomes guests warmly by opening the door, smiling and making eye contact as they enter the restaurant
- Answers telephone within three rings; answers guest questions regarding reservations, food, beverages, restaurant, and services available and takes Joe To Go orders when necessary.
- Seats guests at their own pace, handing to the appropriate menu(s) to each guest after they’re seated
- Uses the Open Table system to manage reservations, wait times and guest flow
- Leads guests to a clean, perfectly set table and hands the appropriate menu(s) to each guest after they are seated
- Maintains awareness of available tables in the dining room and always has a party ‘on deck’ to be seated
- Communicates with servers and managers regarding availability of tables, seating of large parties, or special requests so that guests receive seamless service.
- Handles guests’ complaints by listening to their concerns, always informing a manager, and resolving issues PLUS ONE to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Thanks guests as they leave and invite them to return again.
- Arrives to work on time, well-groomed and in the proper work attire, and ready to work.
- Clocks in and out as scheduled
- Checks the podium/host area and its storage areas for adequate supplies (e.g., menus, business cards, First Time Guest packets, pens/pencils, etc.) to ensure supplies are readily available.
- Reviews reservations and works with managers to plan seating arrangements.
- Demonstrates a helpful, positive attitude at all times to guests and team members.
- Completes all assigned tasks and duties assigned by managers/supervisors.
- Checks out with a manager before leaving at the end of each shift
- Inspects restrooms, dining room, and lobby, cleans as needed, and reports any unsafe conditions to maintain safety and sanitation standards.
- Monitors dining room tables to ensure they meet or exceed standards (e.g., proper table set up, polished silverware, swept floors underneath, etc.).
- Ability to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to remain standing and active for an 8-12 hour shift.
- Ability to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
- Ability to hear, understand, and respond to team member and guest requests in a loud environment.
Restaurants aren't meant to be average! Stephen Silverstein opened the first Not Your Average Joe’s in pursuit of the uncommon. In 1994, he worked to give his hometown of Dartmouth, Massachusetts a unique neighborhood place with great food and better company.
Today, we have 23 restaurants spread throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland. We’re building incredible spaces with every nail, and striving to be better with every opening. In doing this, we’ve created a culture where our people are our foundation – making the sky the limit where we go next.