Customer Service/Office Assistant for Boutique Gym (Weekends)
- $13.50 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Please read this post in its entirety and follow all directions precisely if applying.
Do you have about 8-10 hours a week you can dedicate to a part-time job where you get to make a difference in people lives?
Do you enjoy being in an active environment and being around people who enjoy challenging themselves physically and mentally to be better each day?
Are you available two shifts weekends during the day on Saturday and Sunday?
Are you outgoing and enjoy making other people smile but also have excellent attention to detail and some basic office experience?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you should apply to work with us at F5 helping our team with customer service and assisting our office manager with the administrative side of the gym.
F5 Strength and Muay Thai is a 5-star gym in Los Angeles. We are looking for someone who is the perfect fit for our unique business and team.
The position is NOT a personal training or group class instructor position, but if you enjoy being around great coaches, that's perfect!
What we are looking for:
*A passion for fitness and a desire to take our group classes and be a part of the F5 community. Regular participation in our programs is a requirement of any position in our company.
*Someone computer savvy who also loves to talk to people and learn about them.
*Excellent customer service skills but also exceptional attention to detail and the ability to follow precise checklist instructions.
*Some experience with office work, i.e., phones, emails, filing, and data entry is helpful but not required.
* Candidate must be available these hours:
Weekends approximately 8am-1 pm (will vary), and possibly more hours could be open mornings 7 am - 10 am.
* Ability to sub some evening or morning shifts if needed! (preferred)
• Complimentary group class membership with three classes a week (value over $225!)
• 15% off retail purchases at our pro shop (after 60 days of employment).
What we expect:
• Good phone etiquette
• Professionalism, promptness and excellent follow up and team communication
• Someone not too proud to clean, fold towels and get coffee, but who understands these tasks are vital to the business and to creating a positive work environment for everyone!
• Someone who loves learning new skills and making the workplace functional
• Someone NOT allergic to cats (we have two adorable gym foster rescue kitties that live with us)
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• There will be a 30-day probationary period if you are hired, to make sure we are a good fit. You will start at $12 per hour, and after the 30-day probationary period, a raise will be given that reflects your skill sets and contributions to the company.
Follow these instructions for application:
1) Please submit your resume as an attachment (PDF or MS Word).
2) MUST include a PERSONALIZED introductory cover letter OR a video application with the questions detailed in the video request.
(NO phone calls!) You will not be considered for the position if you fail to follow the above specific directions.
Interviews will be scheduled at a TBA date in May.
Our achievements are a result of combined efforts. We are a team above all else.
Keep a fighting spirit and a humble heart. Mindset matters.
Challenge yourself and enjoy the struggle; the more difficult the task, the more satisfying the reward.
Prioritize learning over perfection. Perfection is unattainable; improvement is always achievable.
Empower and inspire those around you. Contribute more than criticize.
Accept responsibility for your part in the learning process. Encourage feedback as a chance to improve.
Just show up. Action and forward movement create results.
Progress by developing small habits and behaviors to achieve bigger goals.
Celebrate your accomplishments and others equally. We shine together.
Train your body and mind regularly. Perfection isn’t necessary for success; consistency is.
Always remember where you started. We were all beginners once.