Assistant Engineer Manager
- $50K - $56K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Garland Hotel Job Description
Position: Assistant Manager- Engineering
Position Purpose: Oversee the maintenance of all buildings, physical plant, all interior spaces, contents and grounds to the highest degree of safety and appearance in order to maximize lifetime of all. Supervises the associates within the engineering department and assumes the functions of Chief Engineer in his absence.
- Obtain pricing and complete purchase orders
- Supervision of engineering staff to include creating schedules, manage payroll for department, overseeing work orders, preparation and administration of employee evaluations and coaching and counseling conversations
- Assign preventative maintenance work as per schedule
- Personally follow up on all reported troubles
- Conduct on the job training of all personnel
- Assist Chief Engineer in capital plans and actions
- Maintain department personnel records
- Walk property on a regularly scheduled basis as to ensure quality
- Converse daily with all department heads as to ensure quality control and proper follow up on all projects
- Educate personnel regarding hazards and safety to ensure safe procedures and safe use of equipment at all times
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Other duties as assigned by managementPosition Requirements:Education & Experience:
- Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical (high and low voltage), pool operations, and conservation programs. Certifications in the aforementioned areas preferred. Ability to lead by example; excellent communication skills – both written and verbal; strong organizational and planning skills; experience with Birch Street purchasing systems and payroll/time systems a plus
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum High School Diploma and 3 years experience in the maintenance field, past people management/supervision of no fewer than five (5) employees.
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!
Check us out on Instagram @garlandcareers