Assistant General Manager –Lavo Restaurant
- Depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Assistant General Manager – Restaurant
Overview: The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees.
- Assists the General Manager in the overall quality and profitability of the restaurant.
- Assists the General Manager in ensuring that all systems function efficiently.
- Works with both the front of the house and the back of the house employees.
- Must be able to deal with guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be able to deal with employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains employee morale.
- Creates and oversees reservations book.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Adheres to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and labor/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures positive guest service in all areas. Responds to guest complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel, Open Table, Time Pro, Compete).
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, employee management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.