Restaurant General Manager- Experienced
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
We are seeking General Manager candidates for our locations in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley. Candidates must have high standards and have a passion and dedication for developing people to reach their goals and achieve financial results.
General Managers must;
- Have effective leadership skills
- Understand the value of ongoing training for their managers and employees
- Be able to positively motivate their team to insure quality in standards, product, location cleanliness, and customer service
- Be able to increase sales through staff training and education while utilizing opportunities in the neighborhood (outreach programs, schools, local business, etc.…)
- Be able to meet the location’s financial goals without negatively affecting customer service, morale, quality products, and location cleanliness.
MIK General Managers are responsible for delivering financial, human resource, motivational and operational results through:
•Setting and maintaining the standard of food, service, safety and cleanliness.
•Caring for the needs of the guest and providing problem resolution when necessary.
•Selection and training of team members, providing mentoring, developing, managing and leading the team in accordance with Maria's Italian Kitchen standards.
•Quality control of operations including line checks, plate presentation and facility walkthroughs.
•Maintaining the image of Maria's Italian Kitchen including the presentation of the restaurant facility and the presentation of team members.
•Ensuring restaurant management compliance with all federal, state and local wage and hour laws and labor and employment laws including meal break compliance.
•Monitoring cost controls, including but not limited to, food, beverage, labor and all other controllable cost items.
•Establishing and managing sales goals for each target area- dine in, catering, takeout and check average.
•Responsible for the profitability of the restaurant without compromising the standard of service, food & beverage or maintenance of facility.
Other duties as assigned.
•Pro-active, self-motivated and successful problem solver
•Experience managing a full service restaurant as a General Manager for at least 3 years
•Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and data
•Decision making skills, organizational and conflict resolution skills
•Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
•Proficient in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer)
•Exceptional interpersonal and team building skills
•Attention to detail
•Ability to manage with minimal supervision
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical/dental insurance, life and short-term disability insurance, paid time off, professional development and career path opportunities.
If you are looking for a career opportunity in restaurant management with advancement potential, Maria's Italian Kitchen is it!