THE HART + THE HUNTER | SOUS CHEF
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Hart and The Hunter Restaurant is seeking a Sous Chef who is energetic, motivated, hands on culinarian to join our team.
You must be passionate about food and flavor, understand and appreciate seasonal, simple rustic cuisine, and have strong culinary chops. Experience is important but ability, heart, palate, team ethics and culinary drive will be more important.
The right candidates will learn and grow with a restaurant team responsible for some of the top restaurants in LA. All candidates must have good longevity and solid references in their professional past - we want dedicated professionals to join our team.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An individual who enjoys leading a team, teaching/training, and looking to grow in the culinary arts
- A person who has a love of cooking and enjoys producing quality product
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Chef de Cuisine in managing the day-to-day operations of the kitchen, while managing and developing the brigade.
- Complete preparation of produce as instructed
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule for the kitchen
- Maintaining stock rotation when taking in deliveries and using produce
- Understand the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labeling etc
- Knowledge of the full menu
- To work as part of the wider restaurant team
- Assist CDC and Executive Group Chef in teaching and training line staff
- Assist Management in running team in accordance with state and local labor laws
- To comply with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and food hygiene
- Adherence to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs
- To escalate maintenance issues to the relevant parties
- Knowledge of the full menu, and able to give a description of all dishes
- All food prepared to specification
- Cleaning completed and recorded
- Stock items used in the correct order
- Ability to describe all dishes on the menu
- All work areas set up ready for other members of the team when you leave them
- Tasks completed in good time
- Food labels and temperature records completed
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be energetic and outgoing
- Must be service oriented
- Demonstrates a full understanding of their role and carries it out in line with their job description
- Works effectively with the rest of the team
- Is able to prioritize tasks and demonstrate effective time management and coordinating, controlling and managing different resources
- Communicates clearly, professionally and concisely whilst actively listening to others and giving consideration to their needs and opinions.
- Tries to take the bigger picture into consideration and is confident as to when and where to seek guidance and clarity from senior members of the team.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years previous experience as a cook in a hotel.
- Licenses or Certificates: Food Handler Certification required.
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance(specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About The Hart and The Hunter
The Hart and the Hunter:The Hart and the Hunter serves tapas style Southern cuisine with a California influence. H&H was ranked as one of the best new restaurants in LA in 2012, and was included as one of Jonathan Gold's 101 best restaurants in 2014.