- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Under general supervision this individual will assist and support the Engineering Department by performing routine equipment maintenance and repairs as well as coordinate special projects in a safe and timely manner; Assist the maintenance personnel in maximizing the availability of all assembly, production, packaging and facility equipment. Work with outsourced vendors providing maintenance, repairs or new installation services to the company.
- Undertake scheduled equipment maintenance of critical and non-critical equipment, such as Lyophilizer, cooling tower, autoclaves, boilers, centrifuges, incubators, power generators, walk-in freezers, walk-in refrigerators, compressors, mixers, ultrafiltration systems, packaging equipment, industrial wiring and power distribution systems, dehumidifiers, HVAC systems, filters and other equipment and/or systems as required by Engineering management.
- Possess a solid aptitude for machine mechanics including but not limited to pneumatics, hydraulics, vacuum systems, mechanics, microprocessors, stepper motors, DC motors and speed controls, PLC devices and sensor technologies.
- Must possess and adequate understanding of basic machine electricity and electronics.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and electronic drawings and schematics.
- Must possess sufficient knowledge of air conditioning and refrigeration in order to make knowledgeable decisions regarding repairs and maintenance.
- Respond to equipment breakdowns, diagnose faults, identify specialist components, fixtures or fittings, troubleshoot and repair.
- Must have experience in supervising facility plumbing, framing, drywall, conduit construction and wiring, concrete, flooring, lighting and communications wirings installations.
- Maintain accurate records in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), enter data related to the work progress and/or completion on the date it is performed to ensure the accuracy of the statistical information.
- Report the usage of spare parts and supplies in order to keep an adequate supply of critical items.
- Maintain clear communication and coordination with our SLI internal customers, provide updated status information on ongoing repairs or special projects,
- Coordinate and supervise outsourced vendors performing maintenance and/or repairs on equipment.
- Coordinate with vendors for on-site assessments to bid special projects, new construction, new manufacturing and lab installations, tenant improvements, solar projects, etc.
- Coordinate the engineering technicians on special projects.
- Train engineering and production personnel on equipment maintenance and/or operation.
- Define scope of work and specifications for new projects, equipment, construction, etc., create budgets and comparison tables.
- Maintain updated cost records on equipment repairs for decision making purposes.
- Create maintenance procedures.
- Ensure compliance with quality and safety requirements.
- Must be able to provide status reports as requested by department manager and/or upper management.
- Clerical duties will be conducted in accordance with Scantibodies EOP’s and SOP’s.
- Travel to all Scantibodies Facilities as required performing job duties and inspections.
- Returns all phone calls as soon as possible and certainly within the same day. On the rare occasion when unable to return a call, for any reason, then calls should be returned no later than first thing the following morning.
- Flexibility to responds to emergencies.
- Must represent and carry on company policies in and out of the campuses, must conduct in a loyal and ethical manner.
Heavy Equipment Operator: Fork lifts, reach forks, reach baskets, scissor lifts and boom lifts. Job duties may include the following equipment: compressed gases, landscape, vacuum systems and pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, plumbing, structural, welding, construction, lighting, testing equipment and meters, centrifuges, mixers, purification systems, telecommunications systems, pouching machines, box tapers, printers, plastic sealing machines, heat tunnels, conveyors, pallet jacks, hoists, industrial wiring and power distribution systems, dehumidifiers, filters, and other equipment and systems as directed by the Global Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Must be very knowledgeable in the area of facility power and convenience electricity.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and air conditioning and heating systems
- A certificate in HVAC and refrigeration systems is desirable but not a requirement.
- Ability to read system schematics
- General knowledge of computer hardware repair and servicing, computer software applications such as Word and Excel and network cabling,
- Understanding of safety and equipment procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in the use of hand tools, saws, types of meters conduit benders, routers, drills, welding and brazing, pressure washers, and other equipment as required,
- Ability to operate forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts, etc.
- Operate company vehicles, valid driver’s license and current proof of insurance, maintain a clean driving record.
- Multi-line phone system
Working Conditions; Physical & Mental Demands:
- Work with all departments as assigned with courtesy and enthusiasm to promote an ever-improving safe working environment for all employees
- Have a sense of urgency,
- Efficiency, attentive to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure,
- Team working skills, stays on task and can coordinate others.
- Can learn on his/her own, likes challenges
- Ability to work in an organized and timely manner
- Must be have flexibility and be able to lift 70 lbs. regularly and up to 90 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to respond to emergencies in a fast paced environment.
Supervision of Others:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
SLI is an equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination and harassment free environment.
All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.