- $70K - $90K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Under the direct supervision of the Administrator, the Therapy Manager is a clinically specific position, which directs the day to day therapy services provided by our Speech, Physical, or Occupational departments. The Therapy Manager will have an emphasis in Speech Therapy to provide speech-language therapy to residents/patients who require speech language therapy to work to prevent, assess, diagnose and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders. The Therapy Manager plans, conducts, and evaluates the treatment program for individuals with disorders in the comprehension and production of speech and language, as set forth by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association. This role will perform a variety of duties to include diagnosing, monitoring, planning, and coordinating with residents and their doctors for speech, physical, or occupational therapy plans and schedules to include direct oversight of therapists and assistants. There is latitude for independent decision making. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
The Therapy Manager must have a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures used in skilled nursing facility and possess strong written and oral communication skills and be able to understand written and oral instructions. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, outside vendors, and clients. Must possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons.
Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Supervises and directs all assigned staff, and partners with Human Resources in completion of all administrative duties to include but not limited to; personnel action forms, annual evaluations, employee relation needs, corrective action, incident reporting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training all staff members.
- Develops and implements all therapy programs and quality assurance, plan oversight, policies and procedures for the purpose of establishing guidelines needed to effectively meet departmental goals while adhering to all relevant corporate, city and state guidelines and policies together with the Department of Health Services licensing and survey requirements.
- Prepares reports, memos, letters, procedures, instructions, marketing materials, assessments, presentations, etc. for the purpose of documenting and/or conveying information and training.
- Provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician. Evaluates patient’s abilities, both defects and assets, and evaluates the patient’s level of function. Plans and provides rehabilitative services for physical, occupational and speech disorders. Assists in developing and updating the plan of treatment.
- Assists the physician in evaluating the patient’s level of function. Evaluates and establishes goals based on the patient’s current level of functioning and potential improvement. Assists in developing and updating the plan of treatment.
- Guides and instructs speech disorders, language disorders, social communication disorders, and cognitive-communication disorders that are directed toward improving patient/resident speech.
- Observes, records, and reports to the physician the patient’s reaction to the physical, occupational or speech therapy program or any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Advises, consults, and instructs patients in the use of therapy tools and exercises. Instructs, teaches, and supervises other health care team personnel in the case of patients regarding therapy.
- Oversees the staff and ensures adequate staffing levels, inclusive of hiring/onboarding, evaluating, managing performance, coaching and developing employees ensuring employee productivity, quality of work, and alignment of goals with our mission, vision, and values. Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of department budget.
- Adheres to all applicable federal, state, local and company maintained standards of care and ethics and policies concerned with the practice of speech therapy.
- Participates in staff development activities. Participates in in-service education.
- Demonstrates evidence of continuing education conducted for in-service sessions.
- Meets productivity and utilization expectations as established by Glencroft.
- Completes timely clinical documentation to include functional goal setting, progress and therapeutic approach.
- Completes administrative/billing documentation for payment processing in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.