NOW HIRING - Matchbox Merrifield: Cooks
- $13.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Line Cooks role is to prepare station menu items in accordance with Matchbox recipes and specs. The Line Cook is a culinary professional who works with precision and speed to ensure an extraordinary guest experience.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares food items, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
- Reads a prep list and preps items as assigned
- Properly measures and assembles ingredients required for preparing the standard recipes.
- Cuts and/or portions meat, fish and poultry.
- Accepts or rejects ingredients based on quality and quantity.
- Cleans, organizes, stocks, and maintains work area, walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area, which may include bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents.
- Rinses and cuts raw food products.
- Cooks on open flame stove and moves food in/out of industrial ovens.
- May be exposed to allergens such as nuts, seeds, soy, shellfish, and dairy.
- Tastes, smells, and views food to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in high volume restaurant
- High school diploma (or equivalent) encouraged
- Certification in food safety and sanitation a plus
- Able to follow recipes and instructions, including making conversions
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation and proper handling procedures
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of breakfast shifts, weekends and some holidays
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile, yet small space environment
- Able to stand, kneel, bend, and walk for up to 8 hours per day
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to withstand temperatures up to 105 degrees
- Able to communicate and understand the primary language of the work location
- Ability to perform essential functions to company standards with reasonable accommodation