Pastry Sous Chef
- $55K - $65K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
First to Market Hospitality Group is looking for a pastry sous chef to help aid our bakery department as we grow and expand. The bakery dept. is responsible for filling pastry case displays and plated desserts at both of our BBCM locations, and our other various Chin Chin locations.
Pastry Sous Chef is responsible for:
- producing and assisting bakers in producing items such as cakes, cookies, mousses, scones, tarts, shells, custards, garnishes, plated elements, doughnuts etc..
- managing bakery staff and schedules at both BBCM locations
- having constant communication with executive pastry chef, exec chef and managers
- quality assurance at all locations, plus daily updates and inspections posted on Slack
- organize daily delivery for the items for all locations from appropriate vendors
- contribute to creating new items or resourcefully using items otherwise wasted
- covering some early morning shifts
- 3-5 years of pastry production experience
- knowledge of cake decorating, piping, custards, doughs, baking times, tart doughs, pastry creams, cookies, caramels, chocolate
- able to start as early as 4 am in west hollywood or el segundo
- servsafe or California foodhandler card REQUIRED
We welcome all creative input.