In Room Dining Server
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
Santa Monica Proper is seeking an In-Room Dining Server. A seamless merger of historic retrofit and new construction, the 271-room Santa Monica Proper Hotel features interior design by international style icon Kelly Wearstler, multiple dining options by local area culinary stars, a rooftop lounge and swimming pool, 8,000 square feet of meeting and event space, and almost 7,000 square feet of ground floor retail.
• Takes and inputs guests' orders.
• Ensure receipt of orders by kitchen are correct.
• Delivers food and beverage orders and collects payments.
• Settles checks in the P.O.S. system according to Hotel specifications.
• Assists in the maintenance of the Room Service area and equipment, including retrieval of all equipment throughout the hotel.
• Handles complaints or challenges with a positive attitude
• 1-year experience in a fast-paced environment
• Liquor, wine & beer and food knowledge
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Proactive attitude with strong organizational skills
• Work cohesively with colleagues as part of a team
• Flexible schedule - willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn’t proper. We are seeking out the “best of the best” from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances