CDL & Safety Trainer
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Coordinator’s position is to train and equip CDL drivers to deliver feed and transport livestock in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
Typical work hours are Monday through Friday from:
- 7am – 5/6pm
- On-call for accidents outside of work schedule
Note: There may be circumstances that require a deviation from the schedule due to the volume of work created by staffing, or natural disasters.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform Road Tests for CDL driving candidates including feed delivery, live haul, pro-recycle, and maintenance division.
- Train all new feed drivers and upcoming live haul drivers according to GMC’s Training Program.
- Evaluate the Training Program yearly, and make adjustments where necessary.
- Complete trainee evaluations and provide feedback.
- Distribute and collect truck keys upon hire/termination.
- Conduct safety meetings for feed delivery, live transportation, and pro recycle.
- Participate in training for continuous improvement and development.
- Serve as alternate for dispatch when necessary, as deemed by management.
- Assist in weather events when necessary.
- Investigate CMV accidents, and complete necessary paperwork.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor/management.
Knowledge, Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- CDL Class A license (active).
- 3-5 years of CDL driving experience.
- Experience training preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to adapt to flexible work schedules.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to communicate effectively with others