Front Desk Manager
- $18.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Box ‘N Burn is seeking an outgoing, professional and experienced Front Desk Manager who is responsible for leading the front desk team at both of our locations. The position will help manage the gym’s day-to-day processes including scheduling, developing & training staff with new processes/policies, as well as, providing exceptional service & communication to all customers; members, guests and staff, whether by phone or in person and upholding the gym's operating standards in a professional and friendly manner at all times.
This position requires someone who is energetic, passionate, self-motivated, community oriented and doesn't want to just get by, but wants to grow and expand not only the business, but themselves too. Natural leader and enjoys a team atmosphere.
This position will also be required to work some front desk shifts.
- Assists in hiring and training front desk staff.
- Ensuring the front desk staff provides professional and friendly service for customers.
- Help supervise and support the front desk staff, as well as, the rest of the staff.
- Help roll out and train all staff on new products, policies, procedures, etc.
- Assist in streamlining training processes and updating training materials.
- Responsible for managing the front desk schedule
- Answers all customer service emails
- In charge of “street team” and outside events - ie: farmers markets, local events.
- Responsible for collecting prospective clients names/emails at events.
- Troubleshooting emergencies.
- Liaising with other departments - trainers, other management, etc.
- Greets every customer with a smile and the utmost enthusiasm.
- Ensure individuals are checked into the appropriate class(es);
- Answering and relaying incoming inquiries / providing follow ups with urgency; personable.
- Promote and educate members and guests about Box ‘N Burn services and merchandise.
- Communicates effectively and responds to the needs and questions of members, peers and management in a timely manner.
- Understands and follows all company-defined policies and procedures.
- Stays current on all product knowledge and communicates features and benefits to members to build member knowledge and confidence in the product.
- Executes daily club operations, including, but not limited to, answering phones, greeting and checking in guests, maintaining a clean and organized reception area, collecting payments (both cash and credit card), and following opening and closing procedures.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Customer service experience
- Front Desk/Reception experience
- Gym experience preferred
- Experience with MindBody - preferred
- MUST BE OUTGOING AND FRIENDLY!
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Computer savvy - Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Spreadsheets/Forms, etc.
- Active listening
- Exhibit a professional and polite appearance and demeanor
- Take initiative when something needs to be done.
Our ideal person enjoys helping others and encouraging others to stay fit and healthy, is punctual, fun and professional. This position requires high energy and a positive attitude. The front desk team is the first impression of Box ‘N Burn for potential members and current members, and you must represent and upkeep our brand image, while helping to manage the team. We have a lot of fun and work incredibly hard. We also love working out; you've got to believe in the power of changing people's lives through fitness.
Box’N Burn is an equal opportunity employer. Box ‘N Burn is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability status, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
To be considered for this position, you must answer the questions attached to this link:
Box 'N Burn is the premiere boxing gym in LA & NAMED NUMBER 1 GYM IN CALIFORNIA 2015 BY MENS FITNESS & YELP. Our world class team of Box 'N Burn trainers come from a variety of different backgrounds and educations.