Sales & Catering Coordinator
- $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
To manage, coordinate and record (or “book”) the catering activity of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of catering and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce Food & Beverage Sales, Banquet Catering/Banquet Sales, and Suite Sales.
- Solicits business in specific market segments as directed by Director of Catering.
- Schedules conventions and business group activities at the hotels.
- Maintains liaison with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the catering office and prospective clients.
- Maintains good rapport with area community and other local civic groups and companies.
- Develops and maintains files to include: chronological account files as directed, preparation of scheduled bookings, dissemination of event information to all appropriate departments, and record event information for catering system control purposes.
- develops, implements, and assists with catering, sales and marketing strategies, including development of relevant action plans.
- Assist with clerical work of the department; including customer correspondence, function sheets, event schedules, reports and special projects.
- Performs special projects and assignments as directed.
- Interface daily with kitchen and banquet departments regarding specific client needs.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
Originate and carry out catering campaigns.
Work well under pressure; sensitive to tight or short time requirements.
Speak and write clearly and convincingly, and have excellent telephone skills.
Have working knowledge of room set-ups, including audio/visual equipment.
Have working knowledge of menu pricing and custom menu design.
Work with all kinds of people.
Plan the work of others.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time. EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program. We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied. Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.