- $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
We are looking for a Maki/Sushi Cook/Chef to join our culinary team and prepare delicious plates for our guests.
Maki/Sushi Chef responsibilities include handling a wide range of raw fish and other ingredients, managing food stock and working with an attention to detail to fulfill all orders within quality standards. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with Japanese cuisine and be available to work during our opening hours.
Ultimately, you will help us establish our reputation as one of the best Japanese inspired fast casual restaurants in the area and increase our clientele.
- A minimum of 1-year experience as a Maki/Sushi Chef
- Basic mastery of Japanese cooking philosophy and technique.
- Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques.
- Ability to work both fast and accurately.
- Availability to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Flexibility to take on various shifts.
- Must be organized, follow directions and make quick decisions that are consistent with established company standards.
- Must be fluent in the English language, both written and oral. Multilingual skills are a plus.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as outlined by the California Health District.
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus.
- Team spirit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (include but are not limited to)
- Completion of daily prep work in addition to weekly tasks and maintaining par’s.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items and rotating stock.
- Prepare ingredients, cook and garnish a variety of food.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies.
- Prepare and present all food items, hot and cold as per sushi outlet standards and norms.
- Provide customer service in fast-paced environment.
- Promote a positive atmosphere that goes above and beyond to guarantee each customer receives exceptional food and service.
- Demonstrate an ability to multitask and uphold a strong sense of urgency throughout shift.
- Inspect supplies and equipment to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Work directly with management and staff in order to perfect the sushi experience as a whole.
- Opening and closing station including proper cleaning and sterilization of all tools, floor, countertops, cutting boards and knives used to prepare raw food.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sushi Chef: 1 year (Required)
- Culinary School (Preferred)
- Food Handler (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly