The DOSC is responsible for overseeing Sales and Catering through leading the team to optimize revenue opportunities for the property.
- Group Sales
- Catering Sales
- Group Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager
- Events Services
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities
- Monitor the Revenue pace of Sales and Catering and lead the teams to sell into those periods that require increased pace.
- Formulate the Sales Travel plan for the year – identifying travel needs based on Feeder Markets and developing segments.
- Work cooperatively between Revenue Management, PR and Marketing to establish strategic goals for attaining budgets.
- Direct, organize and supervise departmental activities including, but not limited to, telemarketing, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, and preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Direct and develop team member’s performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, coaching and counseling and timely evaluations, improving performance and delivering recognition and reward.
- Recruit, interview and train team members.
- Assist in compiling sales forecasts, collecting and reporting sales data and managing the departmental budget.
- Oversees the optimization and use of the many Sales systems offered via the Collection and Brand.
- Develop and target lists and action plans for account solicitation, assist in assignment and distribution of leads and inquiries and assist in the approval of file turnovers.
- Meet with clients on property, on sales calls and at trade shows.
- Direct maintenance of sales files, accounts and additional administrative duties.
- Participate in leadership meetings and BEO meetings.
- Serves on the property Executive Committee and attends weekly Executive Committee meetings.
- Achieves established sales goals for the position.
- Perform other duties assigned to meet business needs.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree - preferred
- Hospitality or related industry experience - required
- Previous revenue management and sales experience – required
- Valid Driver’s License – required
- Knowledgeable of Top-Accounts for the Hotel - preferred
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, stand for extended periods of time and use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
- The incumbent is required to have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to drive.