- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This position provides operational management to fulfill Fleet Feet’s purchasing strategy focused on the brick and mortar and digital customer experience across all categories – footwear, apparel, and accessories. This position is responsible for the product presentation, storytelling, and how the customer engages with the product in-store and online. The role is responsible for the product presentation within Fleet Feet’s company doors and fleetfeet.com but not limited to product creation and maintenance, product promotional content management, planogram creation and visual merchandising training and education.
BRICK & MORTAR VISUAL MERCHANDISER
- Create storytelling opportunities through product merchandising, brand and vendor signage, mannequin use, etc.
- Create planograms for distribution within the stores to help execute consistent merchandising and storytelling through the company doors.
- Partner with Operating Partners to better understand sales floor capacity, available fixtures, traffic patterns, and overall sales volume to support each store’s business more effectively.
- Find sales tactics and merchandising strategies to support product sell through.
- Give clear direction for executing proper promotion and markdown strategy partnered with the Director.
- Actively participate with company locations by setting daily merchandising tasks, sharing merchandising updates and execute visual merchandise training & education for retail employees.
- Partner with vendors on in store point of purchase (POP) programs and displays. Introduction, updates and exit strategy of POP.
- In conjunction with Operating Partners, support sales generation by supporting an environment in store that highlights the appearance of the product and reflects the customer’s lifestyle and interests.
E-COMMERCE VISUAL MERCHANDISER
- Responsible for partnering & communicating the need for product creation on fleetfeet.com with digital team which includes category, vendor, and product pages.
- Responsible for partnering & communicating adjustments to the product pages due to product lifecycle on fleetfeet.com with the digital team including managing MAP pricing adjustments.
- Manage the product promotion calendar and execute adjustment to fleetfeet.com product expression.
- Partner with the digital team for product opportunities for SEO, newsletter, etc.
- Partner with the category managers on the management, communication and execution of the product flow & product update consolidated reports.
- 2+ years of retail/merchandising experience recommended
- RICS Point of Sale experience preferred, but not required
- Strong business acumen and retail industry knowledge
- Strong ability to coach and influence direct personnel reports and colleagues without direct authority
- Ability to think strategically about issues and opportunities to accurately assess impacts
- Problem solver who enjoys challenges and takes pride in creating the right solution
- Excellent communicator with the ability to listen and adapt
- Communicates professionally with the team, stores and vendors
- Assertive self-starter with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed
- Out of state travel
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.