- $14.35 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position Description Summary:
The Host is responsible for daily execution of the Mission Statement, which includes providing First Class Service to both internal and external customers. The Host/Hostess is also responsible for the receiving and seating of guests and performing a variety of other tasks within a restaurant establishment which may include ringing up orders, refilling beverages, setting tables, and cleaning eating/serving areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exceed First Class Service standards and behavior with every guest, business partner and peers.
- Greets every guest with a friendly smile and positive attitude.
- Maintains consistent attention to the entrance of the restaurant and welcomes all guests with a smile and appropriate greeting following the company's customer service standards.
- Responds appropriately to guest concerns.
- Bussing tables, taking carryout orders and restocking the display case.
- Maintain and use seating chart for rotation of stations
- Records guests seating times in a consistent manner providing the highest quality of service.
- Seats guests and presents the menu
- Communicates with the wait staff and other restaurant personnel to ensure a guests' positive experience.
- Performs the tasks of the cashier and/or bus person as required including cashing out guests.
- Answer phones and guest’s questions.
- Maintain clean organized work environment that is free of safety hazards; May include sweeping and mopping.
- Accountable for compliance with all local, state, federal laws and regulation including those relating to food safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with Team Members, Managers, and Guests.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and a point of sale system
- Ability to work independently as well as with other team members
- Able to work unsupervised for extensive periods, and to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guest
- Ability to work various shifts in a 7/365 team-oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Self-starter able to prioritize and handle various tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs, perform essential job functions such as standing, bending, reaching, climbing on ladder, and walking long distances.
- Standing for long periods of time and the ability to work in environment with varying temperatures.