- $18.00 - $22.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for making sure our food is absolutely delicious. You’ll order the food and train others to become future kitchen managers.
The Kitchen Manager enjoys the responsibility of ensuring the quality and safety. They see to it that the kitchen is clean, organized and well stocked; and that the equipment is properly maintained and in good condition. Throughout the process they are training and developing Crew members, to help them learn to become future Kitchen Managers. At its core, as with every position, it is about promoting teamwork and creating a great customer experience. While on the clock, the Kitchen Manager is always busy on their feet, accomplishing their stations goals, taking on tasks that they see that need to get done, and pitching-in to help their teammates.
In addition to following policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring food quality by cooking and prepping food to order, and following kitchen procedures
Monitoring food waste and inventory levels, and resolving food quality issues
• Developing a strong team dynamic between back of house Crew and front of house Crew
• Training and developing Crew members to be future Kitchen Managers
• Communicating with Crew members effectively in order to ensure great customer service
• Ensuring the kitchen is properly cleaned and sanitized
• Monitoring kitchen equipment and ensuring it is kept in good repair; making sure malfunctioning equipment is repaired as quickly as possible
• Ensuring that the kitchen itself and all Crew members meet the necessary guidelines to ensure there are no injuries or accidents
• Making sure all products are properly rotated daily
• Filling out Prep Sheets, Daily Temp Logs
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the ability to understand and articulate Barney’s Food With Integrity philosophy
• Have the knowledge and ability to speak, write, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
• Have a high school diploma
• Have restaurant experience
Q's Billiard Club, in our 25th year, redefined the sports bar concept on Los Angeles' west side and remains a staple of nightlife for 20 to 30-somethings in Westwood, Brentwood and Santa Monica. At our core, we are a great neighborhood bar and grill. Friendly faces and fast service have been our key to success. Watching the game, having drinks with friends, or grabbing a late bite to eat are just some of the reasons our customers come in, and the great experience they have is what keeps them there.
Our staff is positive, fun-loving, and hard-working. We have many long-term employees and our turnover rate is much lower than industry standards. Q's is a dynamic and lively place to work, and our staff is a major reason for that.