PALIHOTEL CULVER CITY | AM LEAD SERVER
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Paligroup is currently seeking an AM lead server for the NEW Palihotel Culver City location.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- A hardworking and self-motivated individual who enjoys a fast paced work environment
- An individual who can rise to the daily challenges of providing exceptional customer service
As an AM Lead Server, you will assist in the supervision of associates in the Food & Beverage Department while carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Paligroup’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Requires a flexible schedule for day and night
- Assist the Food & Beverage Managers in directing, training and mentoring all restaurant staff
- Assist in maintaining proper shift coverage including covering meal breaks and call offs
- Perform job duties of host/hostess, servers, barista, bartenders and barbacks as needed
- Assign duties and shifts to associates and observe performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures
- Ensure all sidework is completed daily in accordance with checklists; perform as needed
- Greet customers, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food and drinks
- Observe diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed
- Properly record all sales transactions and secure accurate payment
- Familiarize and be knowledgeable of current food and beverage offerings
- Provide information pertaining to hours and available services to guests
- Clear, clean and reset tables for dining as needed
- Greet guests, escort them to tables, and provide menus as needed
- Schedule dining reservations and handle special guest requests as needed
- Answer phones in accordance with proper telephone standards as needed
- Open and close shifts making cash drops as necessary
- Ensure proper cash control procedures are followed
- Ensure all brand standards are followed
- Ensure food sanitation and proper food handling standards are being followed
- Assist in ensuring effective departmental communication through logs, daily stand up meetings and monthly department meetings
- Assist with a variety of administrative tasks including maintaining an accurate inventory of supplies, processing guest billing issues, and handling any accounting and purchasing functions
- Provide information pertaining to hours and available services of the hotel, i.e. restaurant, room service
- Ensure the cleanliness of the restaurant and surrounding areas
- Provide legible communication and directions
- Compute basic arithmetic
- Current Servsafe Food Handler Certificate Required
- Flexible schedule – must be available to work a variety of shifts
- Perform job duties with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Prioritize, organize, and follow up
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
- Follow directions thoroughly
- Understand guest’s service needs
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Education: High school certificate or equivalent
- Experience: Needs to have a minimum of one-year experience in a similar position
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
PALIHOTEL CULVER CITY
A 49-room hotel and restaurant/bar that will speak to both the history and majesty of Los Angeles’ cinematic roots and Culver City’s booming, modern-day tech scene. The historic, art-deco inspired façade will be restored and infused with interiors that feel modern and urban with bohemian, French influences throughout. A full-service restaurant, indoor/outdoor bar and private courtyard setting will welcome guests and locals alike. Palihotel Culver City is located at 3927 Van Buren Place.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.