Top Hog Loader
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in the area of swine transport. Team work is a must in this line of work and teams are usually composed of four members and a crew leader. The incumbent is in charge of regularly handling pigs weighing 260 pounds, maintaining accurate records, work 3rd shift during the week, all holidays, excluding Thanksgiving and Christmas. Perform duties related to the loading and unloading of swine: lower/raise chute, keep count of animal groups, opening/closing gates inside trailers and cleaning equipment after use are all essential functions of this position.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Regularly lift items ranging in both size and weight, stand and walk with swine down walkways.
- Employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and extend arm, while frequently lifting up to 50 lbs.
- 3rd Shift position with varying hours, usually a five day work week.
- The employee will be working a majority of the time outside and occasionally going into farms under varying weather conditions. Moderate/high level of livestock noise is to be expected and protective equipment used during tasks include safety glasses, cutting board, hearing protection, protective mask.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements:
- The employee must be able to adapt to flexible work schedules changing from week to week, usually within 3rd shift schedule. Must be capable of following oral instructions or written directions. The employee should be an active listener and learner as well as possess the ability to speak clearly and convey information effectively.
- Must be able to understand and effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation). Ability to teach others how to complete tasks as well as follow strict company bio-security policies.