- $36K - $40K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
The Lead Barista is responsible for the quality of coffee, and leads the hospitable aspects of Interstellar. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has already demonstrated a high level of skill & performance in coffee, food, and hospitality. The Head Barista serves as a role model to the other staff members, and takes significant responsibility for on-the-job education, and training of those team members.
• 2 years+ working as a Head Barista in a specialty coffee retail environment
• Strong technical barista skills in all areas of drink preparation (i.e., brewing, espresso, milk steaming)
• Familiarity with online collaboration and organization tools including Google Docs/apps
• Must know how to use current POS/cashier system to input orders
• Recommendation from previous employment required
• Has a passionate relationship with specialty coffee, and the desire to create a positive and fun work environment for the other staff members
• Skilled at latte art
• Possesses excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• The ability to provide quick response time, and follow ups
• The ability to read and write English at an advanced level
• Experience with Google Doc programs (Sheets, Pages), Microsoft Excel, relevant food costing software, POS and Quickbook systems
• Strives for excellence in training, coaching, and the development of Baristas
• Hiring, training and scheduling bar staff and assigning kitchen/bar duties
• Ordering coffees and maintaining inventory
• Overseeing bar operations (logistics, ordering, cost control)
• Maintaining the highest possible standards of quality, cleanliness, precision, and execution amongst the barista team, throughout the bar space, including at off-site events.
• Assist in the execution of private /special events
• Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisors
• Work in tandem with the Owner, GM and Head Chef to strategize ways to improve overall restaurant operation
• Offer creative ideas for monthly specials
• Regularly taste coffee drinks made by baristas to ensure consistently high quality that meet our standards
• Train all members to open and close retaurant, how to break down and clean station, and keep everything clean and organized for service.
Interstellar is defined as: the space between two stars.
These stars represent our two cultures, Korean-American, and we identify with this space in between. Southern California is a melting pot of many different cultures and we strive to offer our guests delicious food that incorporates a variety of flavors from around the world. Our food is based on the concept of being “limitless” and bound to no specific cuisine.
Our goal is to help start off people’s day with a bright smile accompanied by awesome coffee food and wine.
We are looking for individuals who can help create a genuine, fun, positive and upbeat environment for both our team and guests. Our focus is heavily on genuine hospitality and exceptional quality.