Front Desk Supervisor
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
SUMMARY – POSITION PURPOSE
This position will be responsible for maintaining high morale for guest services shift; teach front desk staff how to operate computerized reservations and hotel management system along with telephone equipment, key making equipment; solicit suggestions or input from other members of the front desk team. This candidate must be self motivated, energetic, and have a passion to deliver heroic service.
Essential DUTIES AND Responsibilities
- Maintain professional appearance while on duty with well grooming hygiene and wearing the appropriate uniform with name tag at all times.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Resolve customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and the most effective resolution. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after alternative solutions have been offered.
- Manage front desk operations by completing a checklist of important daily tasks, determining room and rate availability and making decisions that are in the best interest of the hotel.
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must provide a "Yes I Can" attitude at all times.
- Supervise desk clerks and work load during shift. Complete shift check-lists as specified.
- Run accurate room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to effected departments and individuals.
- Update daily group information; maintain and be familiar with future group files. Monitor and prepare group requirements and relay necessary information to effected departments and individuals.
- Print cashiers report and verify balances. Verify all banks and deposits accordingly.
- Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.
- Train, cross-train, and re-train (when necessary) all Front Desk Personnel.
- Oversee daily tasks of the front Desk and PBX
- Assist in coordinating transportation and valet laundry requests
- Ability to give precise and accurate directions to most areas and places on the island
- Responsible in coordinating deliveries i.e. rollways, microwaves, cribs, gift bags, etc
- Inform staff of any important information, special guests, etc at the beginning of each shift
- Reports any early departures, room moves, or extended stays to housekeeping
- Update Front Office manager on all necessary guest complaints or employee situations
- Ensure all guests’ credit cards have been properly authorized.
- In addition, other duties may be required as directed by your manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use and windows based computer software.
- 1+ years of experience in hotel Guest Services area in a full service or resort hotel is preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- No visible tattoos, visible body piercing or unnatural hair color or hairstyles per company grooming standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts and ability to multitask.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Strong communication skills and a "can do" attitude required.
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires standing for long periods of time.