- $13.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return again and again.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean dining room, bathrooms.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are HAPPY with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers/team members as situations arise.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Set up, service and reset special events (Semi and Private Birthday Parties)
- MUST LOVE KIDS!
- Have at least 1 year of serving experience.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
Giggles N' Hugs is the first and only restaurant that brings together high-end, healthy and organic food with active, cutting-edge play and entertainment for children. Every Giggles N' Hugs location offers an upscale, family-friendly atmosphere with a dedicated play area that children 10 and younger absolutely love. We feature high-quality food made from fresh and local foods, nightly entertainment such as magic shows, concerts, puppet shows and face painting, and hugely popular party packages for families that want to do something special.
- Voted the #1 birthday party place in Los Angeles by Nickelodeon
- Voted "Best Pizza in Los Angeles" by Nickelodeon
- Listed best family & kid-friendly restaurants by CitySearch and GoCityKids
Our culture is all about great guest service, fun and smiles! We are a team/family oriented workplace where respect, communication, honesty and kindness prevail.
Learn more about our concept and philosophies by visiting our website at www.gigglesnhugs.com. We are poised for rapid expansion nationally and internationally, so there will be opportunity to grow your career with us!