KTO Cosmetic Lab Thousand Oaks, CA
- $20.00 - $27.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!
Quality Control Chemist
The Control Chemist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Performing analysis of raw materials, in-process, and finished products against testing specifications to assure quality prior to shipment.
- Operating instrumentation.
- Notifying the General Manager of unusual product observations or analytical results during analysis or sample handling.
- Maintaining a traceable system of quality documentation and related items such as inventory samples.
- Complying with GMP and OSHA procedures.
- Making suggestions for product processes that will result in improved product quality.
- Performing weight checks of the product on the line.
- Perform QC checks on production batches including; specific gravity, weight, viscosity.
- Checking daily production documentation.
- Checking labels and packaging materials.
- Inspecting production lines during change over.
- Checking weights on production line.
- Checking re-works.
- Perform Stability testing on all products and documenting all stages.
- Placing the product on hold and completing hold documentation.
- Controlling CCP and CP on the lines.
- Performing ATP swab tests on contact surfaces.
- Inspecting shipments of finished goods.
- Inspecting receiving packaging and raw materials.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Quality Control Chemist:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry.
- At least one year of industry experience in a cosmetic manufacturing environment working as Quality Control Chemist.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to generate reports, spreadsheets, and charts.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and procedures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to present detailed analyses.
*Rate of pay will depend on years of relevant experience.